Join Us In Empowering Children With Life Skills for Success...It's as Easy As Step 1, Step 2, Step 3
THE LIFE SKILLS EMPOWERMENT SERIES
Growing up believing you can be anything, do anything, have anything, overcome anything, and make a difference in the world is a gift all children deserve. At one time or another during childhood we all dream of being a superhero, being that ordinary person with hidden super powers who is able to help those in need and save the day when situations arise. Then, we grow up & that childhood belief of being able to be that hero disappears as we get caught up in the day-to-day stress of life.
So, what happens on the journey between that incredible time when we are young and believe in limitless possibilities and becoming an adult who lacks the confidence and belief that we are capable of being anything we choose? Life happens. Growing up in today’s world is more difficult than ever inspite of our many advances. Learning to overcome perceptions of the challenges our children often experience and equipping them with strategies to navigate their journey into adulthood easily is challenging, especially when one considers that much of what our youth are faced with are issues we never had to deal with when we were growing up. Transforming the seemingly daunting task of growing up in today's stressed out world, into one of excitement and adventure in exploring their potential is possible, but not if we continue to apply old strategies to new problems. As a society, we want the best for our children, want them to learn what they need to know to become what they dream. Unfortunately many of the skills needed to accomplish this aren’t taught in schools. Often these skills are ones most adults aren’t well versed in either, so teaching them to the children in their lives is difficult.
Consider The Silent Crisis:
More children than ever are in a silent state of crisis, living in fear, feeling lost, disconnected, isolated, victimized and emotionally unsupported, with no one to turn to or talk with while trying to deal with situations they are completely unequipped to handle. Never before have our youth been faced with such tremendous pressure to perform and be accepted while enduring the stress of life.
Contributing Stress Factors include:
* Social Rejection * Negative communication and relationship patterns being modeled
* Learning Challenges * Negative Self-Image and Low Self-Esteem
* Peer Pressure * Collapsing Family Dynamics
* Bullying * Lack of Coping Strategies & Emotional Management Techniques
There’s an alarming rise in the number of children experiencing emotional distress, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, illness, behaviour issues, bullying, addictions, abuse, insecurities, fear, self-destructive behaviour and teen suicide. Consider these stats:
• 64% of kids have been bullied;
• Over 76,000 distress calls were received last year alone from kids in one city;
• Teen suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death between the ages of 10-24;
• Almost 20% of children are diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorders;
• 59.8% of children have learning challenges and been diagnosed with a learning disability;
• Children from broken homes are 5 times more likely to suffer emotional distress, anti-social behaviour, experience a drop in performance at school and turn to substance abuse.
• Resources, programs & therapies are segmented, geographic based and often costly;
• Parents are overwhelmed and stressed with work, finances, challenging family dynamics, often lacking effective communication, emotional and stress management tools themselves;
• Teachers are overwhelmed and overworked in high stress environments trying to deal with students who have learning challenges and distressing lives that impact their school work causing behaviour issues which impact entire classrooms;
• Most programs address only one contributing factor causing the challenges experienced;
• Resources and budgets for equipping teachers, community leaders & parents with tools and strategies to help children learn techniques to move through life’s challenges are miniscule;
• Parents, teachers & community leaders don’t know what they don’t know - they simply aren’t aware of new scientifically proven, neuroscience based tools & techniques that could help them address the root causes of the challenges they & their children are dealing with;
• Time – in our fast paced, stressed out world, with people running from one thing to another, fitting one more thing into their busy schedules is unbearable for them to think about – until the next crisis hits the news and we hear of another child that is lost forever, causing us to reflect on and question "What could have been done to prevent the tragedy"?
The Question - What’s This Got To Do With You?
Everything!! Whether you realize it or not this crisis is impacting your life and society in general.
* Every child you care about is at risk, either because they are personally experiencing challenges or they are in classrooms and other environments surrounded with other kids who are having difficulties and going through tough times. This fact hinders every childs ability to perform, impacts their families as a whole and their teachers ability to serve those children optimally. It also puts all children at a greater risk of being bullied and in harms way.
* Your friends, co-workers, clients or employees may be going through relationship challenges or experiencing stress and problems with their kids that you aren’t aware of. What happens in the home is brought to all other areas of their lives, impacting their performance, relationships and how they interact with you, and others around them.
The Solution - What We’ve Done
• We’ve created various online programs designed to empower individuals with resources to address the identified areas of crisis. We distribute those resources to schools, corporations and community organizations. In these places are the authority figures who interact with and most heavily influence our youth. This initiative is funded solely through the generous support of caring individuals and companies who want to aid in helping children survive the challenges they currently face and thrive as successful individuals in the future.
• The Life Skills Empowerment series brings the expertise of world renowned experts available to those who desperately need to hear, learn and have access to the latest scientific developments, techniques and tools that address the emotional, relationship, financial, mental, social and physical well-being issues so many are dealing with. The mobile aspect of this series allows for individuals to fit learning the information into their busy lives.
• Why online and not a physical event? In this age of modern technology more people are turning to the safe anonymity of the internet for help, information and potential solutions. Putting resources online allows for 24/7 access, not dependent on socio-economic, geographic or financial factors. In this manner schools, organizations, corporations, families and community leaders are able to learn relevant information, strategies, and tools from world renowned industry experts they wouldn’t otherwise be able to access or afford. It also allows us to reach and help more of the children we wish to equip with the life skills needed to succeed in school and life.
In the Life Skills Empowerment series, we focus on providing children with the tools needed to negotiate the challenges they will encounter, think in terms of limitless possibilities, and consciously design their lives around their dreams. This includes character, self-esteem and positive communication skill development, conflict resolution, emotional management, critical thinking skills, creativity & imagination development, stress reduction and life skill development.
Topic Areas We Focus On Include:
How to think and communicate positively;
Have high self esteem and belief in their abilities;
Tap into their creativity & imagination;
Understand how their brains function & how they learn;
Reframing trauma, rejection and failure;
Simple strategies for reducing stress;
Techniques for calming their emotions;
Increasing performance, focus, & concentration;
Critical thinking skills and effective goal setting;
Overcome learning challenges, behavioral issues and perceptions that hinder them from enjoying success and achieving their highest potential…. And more!!
Without the mastery of such skills, success in school and life often remains elusive for many. We want to change that. Our partners want to change that. The intention of the Life Skills Empowerment series is to be the start of the change we want to see in the world. To make a difference. To be a hero, you have to first believe you can. We want to ensure children are taught the skills and provided the gift of belief in themselves, their power, their dreams and their ability to succeed at anything. This is the intention of providing the free information sessions from education experts from around the world in the Life Skills for Kids Empowerment series. We invite you to join us in creating heroes!
How You Can Help:
• Choose to be part of the solution by partnering with us to provide resources to those on the front lines daily with our children - their families, schools, and community leaders;
• Contribute to sponsoring a school or community organization locally, nationally or globally;
• Provide access to the Empowerment program to your community, employees and clients;
• Help spread awareness of the program within your community with our “Pay It Forward” initiative.
Imagine being part of creating a world where children could maintain the dream of growing up to be a hero and had the skills to do so. Where belief and confidence in themselves and their “power” were unquestioned.
To Learn How To Partner With Us To Empower Children & Be Part of the Solution-Click Here
What People Are Saying:
"My kids loved this curriculum unit! Thanks so much for capturing their attention in the sciences."
“With high regard I can share that Margaret Ashley has much drive and passion for the work she does. As an interview host Margaret does all her research, really knows her subject and it clearly shows during the interview process. She is supportive of her guest and great at engaging them in interesting conversation. I found she asked insightful, thought-provoking questions, she connects beautifully, and is very familiar with her guests material (that can be a rare quality these days!). Margaret is a gem.”
- Debbi Dachinger
"What you are doing is remarkable and I know that your contribution in this effort will indeed make a difference. People in Access Consciousness are wont to say: “Be you and change the world!” I think that describes you admirably."
- Dean Larson
"You are creating something fabulous and important reaching out to so many sharing wisdom in your Life Skills For Kids series. I am honored and grateful to be part of it, and your dedication and kind supportive manner is making a real difference for so many kids and parents. Count me in for whatever future projects you do!"
- Dr. Charlotte Reznick, PhD
"This was an amazing interview. I love Bryan's energy! As a retired elementary educator, I would like to be able to use this to help kids in an after school program. Again, thank you!"
- Linda T. Kuzyk
"Love, Bryan Post's work. I recommend his work to the parents I work with."
- Narelle Smith
"It is about time that someone with clout tells how males and females learn differently!"
- Charlinda Charlie Wilkinson
"REALLY enjoyed this interview! Wanted it to last another hour or more! Thanks so much, Dean, for sharing with us! I know it was just a smidgen of what you could have shared! Looking forward to talking more and learning more! Love the 'non-judgmental' approach to relationships! What freedom! Thank you so much!"
- Lori Westfall Uphoff
"Thank you Dr. Bruce Lipton! What a great talk! It makes so much sense & love that we now have the science to back it up"!
- Vicky Bayford
"I so admire Lisa and Margaret for doing work in this vital area, working with children and teens, the things they don´t learn in school that are a million times more important! It´s what I needed when I was a teen, thank you for this wonderful work."
- Melissa Bitz
"This was absolutely awesome! Ecstatic to hear someone lay this out in simple terms. High five Wendy and thank you Margaret for a great series on my favorite topic in the universe - Life Skills!"
"Quick, easy to use, interesting, covers all the basics thoroughly! Thanks for making these downloads available!"
- H. Oud
"I became aware of Margaret Ashley’s outstanding work to help children last year through the Life Skills for Kids Program. As a parent of two young children, I was very impressed with the quality and value of the information in the interviews and documents. Margaret is a passionate leader, the work she’s doing to empower our youth is vital."
- Nancy Phillips
"I've known Margaret through various business endeavors for over 10 years now. She's a very committed person who finds a solution for any obstacle in her way and achieves her goals. She's always very creative in her solutions and looks for win-win outcomes. Margaret has a great reputation for being an innovator in the field of education and is someone to go to for advice when you're seriously thinking about the importance of education for your children."
- Dafne Canales Lees
"Thank you Nancy for publishing a book such an important subject for an important segment of people from our future. The more successful they are the better support they will provide to the older people when they need help; physical, emotional or financial, because they will have the resources and where-with-all to do so.
- Dalal Harish
I have always been impressed with Margaret's passion, persistence and dedication to teaching children especially those who can least afford it. I would highly recommend supporting The Natural Learning Centre and Margaret as they are one of the most authentic organizations I know. They are making a difference.
- Allan Marston
"Very well thought out and easy to teach with - the curriculum downloads have lots of visuals which is excellent for teaching."
- K. Davies
"Dr. Rubino has great intuitive insight into self-esteem; he's super marvelous with children, has unique intelligence, and he's to be admired for his contribution for helping others. He has a tremendous perseverance to solve problems and he should be commended for everything he does!"
- Ronald Freund
To Read More Click Here